Operations Manager, Ship Maintenance
Subsea Global Solutions Long Beach, CA – Operations
Area Manager/General Manager & Sr. Operations Manager
Crew Scheduling, Job Execution for Ship Maintenance Operations, Data Tracking/Input, Client Relations, and Job Cost Management
Overall Purpose of the Job:
Manage dive team safety and scheduling, internal data tracking/input, and job cost management in all aspects of crew planning, job planning, job execution, job closing, and client follow up. Obtaining more business through developing/maintaining client relationships.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Operations Team to successfully plan, execute, and close jobs in Subsea business pipeline.
- Accountable for the creation of an opportunity pipeline. Pipeline updated in corporate CRM system Salesforce and reported monthly to management.
- Develop, foster, and maintain key relationships within the industry with shipping clientele, partners, local agents, and vendors to ensure Subsea is strategically placed to secure a consistently growing volume of projects and increase job referrals.
- Accountable for all bidding and estimation of Ship Maintenance department from quoting phase to project close.
- Responsible for reviewing contracts and ensuring Subsea dive teams are following the clients’ expectations.
- Manage the scope planning requirements of Ship Maintenance projects working closely with the GM and Operations Team.
- Ensure that projects are delivered in a timely manner and cost is always a known quantity throughout the phase of any project.
- Coordinate closely with Operations team in terms of scheduling of crewing, boats, vehicles, and equipment.
- Responsible for project reviews at any stage in the process.
- Instill Subsea core values in all Ship Maintenance projects so that Subsea can consistently deliver on its mission.
- Ensure client communications are handled in a clear, complete, concise, and timely manner to both the client and the dive team to maximize opportunities.
- Provide accurate, on-time customer quotes and manage the sales pipeline in Salesforce CRM to improve Key Performance Indicators.
- Confirm job details are inserted on the job calendar, while including key client related notes for dive team to reference.
- Liaise with Reports Team for reports or any specific request by client.
- Expedite delivery of all necessary operational information to Subsea Accounting for on-time customer invoicing.
- Plan and visit both potential and existing customers/agents in territory for new business and improving existing client/agent relationships.
- Resolve customer complaints related to sales and job execution matters with support of Area Manger/General Manager/Sr. Operations Manager.
- Oversee ship maintenance crew assignments and take job execution responsibility for crew, gear, and equipment logistics, including arrangement and return of rental equipment.
- Creating and issuing Gear Lists to Shop and Dive Supervisors.
- Instruct Dive Supervisors/Project Managers on the assigned Ship Maintenance work, discuss prior reports, share related information, stress HSE policies/procedures, and ensure a successful strategy is in place for every job.
- Ensure early boarding notifications, diving permits, security/background clearances, and all job-related approvals are in place.
- Contact local agents’ various times daily for latest ETA/ETD of vessels and update job calendar and dive crews.
- Manage assigned ship jobs to ensure accurate, on-time completion of job packets, CRM updates, and reports.
- Oversee job calendar on a rotating bi-weekly basis and main emergency phone line on a rotating monthly basis.
- Emphasize Code of Conduct and Subsea Global Solutions Core Values to Divers and Co-workers to help us grow our personnel and brand.
- High School Diploma/GED, with some College, or College Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in diving, administration, or operations fields including related fields of study/school programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as time management skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Multi-task oriented with an ability to perform under pressure.
- Prioritize and pre-plan work to complete the most meaningful tasks first.
- Fully focused on role priorities and delivery on personal goals.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures to make effective decisions and lead by example.
- After hours mobile phone/email monitoring responsibility and alternating 24/7 “emergency on call” duty.
- Present a positive and professional image of Subsea in the presence of customers, co-workers, and the community.
- Strong business acumen and experience in handling logistics in highspeed environment.
- Strong program skills in Office 365 environment (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Projects).
- Ability to type up to 60-80 words per minute.
- Leadership and personnel management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, including handling the demands of multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Ability to demonstrate “customer focused” and “Innovative & Creative” solutions while assisting internal and external company customers in line with Subsea Core Values.
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Excellent communication, written and organizational skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Commercial Diver certification or diving experience.
- Program skills (Salesforce and SharePoint).
- Background in logistics.
- Shall be able to exhibit a physical competency in handling moderate lifting.
- Good health, physical stamina, fitness, and vitality.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The Operations Manager is also required to handle additional duties as requested by his or her supervisor.
- Compensation/Salary to be discussed with interest in the position
- 401k, 401k matching, Health Care (PPO or HMO), Bonus, Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays.
Anyone interested in applying for this position, please contact the relevant Office General Manager, or submit a copy of your resume and a letter of interest in the position via the website.
Please note: Inquiries without a resume will not be considered.